We all want healthy, beautiful hair. And regardless of your skin tone, you can have that with a little TLC. Read on for some simple tips to keep your brown locks shiny and strong!
Moisturize your hair.
Moisturizing your hair is an important part of the process. If you have dry, brittle or damaged hair, it won’t be able to grow as long and healthy as it should. Use a deep conditioning mask at least once a week to help soften your strands and keep them from breaking off.
For best results:
- Wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo that contains ingredients such as coconut oil or avocado oil (these will also help strengthen the follicle).
- Follow up by applying a deep conditioning mask made with argan oil on all parts of your scalp; leave this on for 15 minutes before rinsing off in the shower
Shampooing your hair is a great way to remove excess oil and dirt, but it’s important to do so in moderation. If you shampoo too often, it can strip away the natural oils that protect your hair and make it feel dry and brittle. How often should you shampoo? It depends on your specific situation:
- If your scalp tends to produce an excess amount of sebum (the oily substance secreted by skin glands), then daily washing may be necessary for you.
- If your scalp produces just enough sebum for healthy hair growth but not too much or too little, then every other day would be ideal for keeping things under control without stripping away all of those beneficial nutrients from the follicles themselves!
- If the only time that happens with me is when I’m sick with a cold (and thus have runny noses), then once every three days should suffice nicely until