If you’re like me, you’ve learned the hard way that makeup can be pretty harmful to your skin and overall health. I used to think that all cosmetics were created equally, but after some research and personal experience, I’ve realized that this is not the case at all. There are many natural makeup products out there that help keep your skin looking fresh and healthy while also being gentle on our bodies as well as the environment.
Protect Your Skin
- Natural makeup is less likely to cause irritation or allergic reactions. Many natural products are free of harsh chemicals and preservatives, which can irritate sensitive skin.
- Natural makeup is better for dry skin. The ingredients in many natural products are moisturizing, so they’re ideal for those with dry or dehydrated complexions who want their foundation formulas to be hydrating as well as protective against the sun’s damaging rays.*
- Natural makeup is also better for oily skin because it doesn’t contain oils that would make the face look too shiny during the day (or night).
Reduce the Risk of Allergies
Natural makeup is less likely to cause allergies and irritations. Natural ingredients are often gentler on your skin, so you’ll be able to use it more often without worrying about an allergic reaction or irritation.
A lot of people experience skin problems when they use conventional makeup products, but natural makeup doesn’t have the same side effects as conventional cosmetics do. You can reduce the risk of developing rashes or infections if you switch from synthetic products to natural ones.
Contain Your Cosmetics
- Use airtight containers.
- Label your cosmetics, and keep them in a cool, dry place.
Stay Away from Harsh Chemicals
- Stay away from harsh chemicals.
- Harsh chemicals can cause skin irritation, allergic reactions and health risks for pregnant women